Thu, Dec 07|
Staff Training for Victoria Youth Empowerment Society Full Day Training
Whole day staff training on specialized Neurodiversity Affirming Support for teens and families, and Neurodiversity and substance use challenges.
Time & Location
Dec 07, 2023, 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Victoria, Bastion Square Parkade, 533 Yates St, Victoria, BC V8W 1K7, Canada
About the event
- What is Neurodiversity & Neurodivergence?
- Neurodiversity Affirming Care
- What are some aspects of Neurodivergence such as ADHD, Autism, ODD
- How do these aspects play a role in substance abuse?
- What caregiver strategies can we use to support ND teens and their families?
- What strategies can we teach ND teens in order to help them find success in whatever their goals are?
- Case Consult/Collaboration Time
- Community Resources for additional supports